Junior Software Developer Apprentice
Bright Logic is an innovative IT company based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, which develops software and web sites for estate and letting agents.
Our core business is based around our Windows based property management software; Acquaint CRM, which is installed at over 400 clients in the UK and Ireland. We also provide a web based front end interface to our products and develop and maintain web sites for over 200 of our clients.
We are seeking an energetic Developer join our busy team. This role will be a hands-on position and require an individual who is self-motivated, resourceful and an excellent communicator.
Ideally the candidate with already have an interest in coding, possibly as a hobbyist and be able to demonstrate examples of previous work.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development and maintenance of Windows desktop applications
- Development and maintenance of Web Based applications and Web Services
- Help evaluate product and application defects reported by customers
- Document and validate resolutions of identified defects
- Provide assistance to the Customer Support Team
- Provide first line Customer Support where required
The successful applicant will ideally have some knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming techniques
- HTML / CSS
- Microsoft SQL Server / relational databases
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Starting at £12,000 per annum with the opportunity to increase to £15,500 per annum. [depending on the candidate]
- Possibility of full-time employment
- Salary review
- We are small but growing business currently employing 11 people.
- We offer 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare with Vitality (includes cinema tickets, Starbucks coffee, discounted BA flights and other benefits)
- A pension scheme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply