Innovation Software is a leading provider of intelligent Collections Management Systems and Business Intelligence tools offering trusted solutions to global enterprises.
Innovation Software is looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our software development team. In this role, you will collaborate with other developers and engineers to design computer applications and programs for Microsoft platforms. Part of these responsibilities include writing and debugging code, so we are looking for applicants familiar with C#. You should also be comfortable using .Net and other common frameworks.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
The duties and responsibilities of the Apprentice Software Developer include:
- Collaborate with other developers and Project Managers in our Agile Team to design, build, and maintain high-quality applications
- Build applications for various Microsoft platforms using common frameworks, including .Net
- Use Cases
- Write and debug code
- Troubleshoot software issues
- Software testing: run manual tests and write automated unit tests
- Reproduce & document issues
- Software documentation
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Learn how to use business relevant APIs
- Participate in daily scrums.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
Ideally you will have some experience or knowledge in any of the below:
- Experience writing code in C#
- Experience using SQL to update and retrieve data
- Experience with .Net and WPF / UWP frameworks
- Experience with database management and security a plus
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Azure Devops or Github
- A self-starter
- Display initiative
- A good problem solver
- Able to work independently or as a member of a Team, according to Development Project requirements
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to initiate customer and business requirements with effective technical solutions
- Able to Initiate process related activities
In addition, you should have: -
- Good written and spoken English.
- A firm personality to say when you believe an approach or method for solving a problem is wrong
- Drive, dedication to excellence, and determination to hit targets.
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 6 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades including Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: Monday – Friday
Salary: £10,400 per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.