As a Kitchen Assistant you are responsible for producing all menu items in an efficient and consistent manner while following company specifications and always adhering to Health & Food Safety requirements.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring you are working towards all kitchen SOPs at all times
- Supporting your Kitchen Manager in ensuring that all Health and Safety and Food Safety regulation are adhered to and that audits are successfully passed
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies
- Prepares food items by using required methods
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage
- Cleans and sanitises cooking surfaces frequently and in line with SOPs
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs
- Facilitating special requests from guests if received
- Manage wastage through correct product measurement
- Completing all training to timescales and looking for ways to develop your skills and experience
- Arriving on time, in the correct uniform with a positive, can-do attitude!
Training to be provided
- Maths and English if required
- Hands on practical experience
- A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months
You can apply if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- A work experience placement
- Help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
- Opportunities to apply for further apprenticeship opportunities or possible direct employment with placement
- 1 available at each location listed below (therefore 10 positions available)
- Demonstrable cooking experience including experience as an Assistant Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Excellent understanding of cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Must speak fluent English.
- Highly self-motivated, confident, decisive and able to work with limited supervision
- Accuracy and speed
- Results driven and able to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- People centred and an excellent team player
- Customer focussed with a can-do attitude
- Hard working but fun!