Kitchen Assistant - BaxterStorey - Birmingham University
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Hospitality and Catering
Working in a busy fresh food environment you will provide a full menu offer to all visitors at our busy city centre location. Following the Baxterstorey policies & procedures will be a key indicator of success in working for this large organisation.
30 hours p/w shift from 07.00- 14.00 each day.
Detailed Job Description:
Supporting the Head Chef in the cooking and preparation of the full menu, the Kitchen Assistant Apprentice will carry out daily duties as below:
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
English speaking applicants, knowledge of food safety and health and safety an advantage.
It helps if you:
• Like interacting with others
• Can demonstrate a commitment to ongoing development and learning
• Are ambitious and keen to get on the career ladder
• Must be reliable, hardworking and conscientious
Team worker, good communicator, keen to learn, motivational, inspired by fresh food.
• You are passionate about good food
• You like interacting with others
• You are friendly and sociable
• You are enthusiastic and have the desire to get stuck in
• You are ambitious and keen to get on the career ladder
Uniform and safety shoes will be provided, meals on duty provided. Additional overtime may be available.
You will be required to transport yourself to work for a 7am. Hours can be flexible and will negotiate at trial stage.Sign-up or log in to apply