The Gosport and Fareham Multi-Academy Trust (GFM) seek to offer traineeships for the role of ‘Learning Champion’.
As a ‘Learning Champion’ trainee you will offer new capacity to learning in the classroom through the direction of the teacher and learning support assistants.
You will have a keen interest in developing your skills for working with young people and be able over time identify your specialist learning subjects and develop a broad range of common teaching and learning approaches.
The successful trainee will be able to demonstrate a desire to develop the key skills and/or embark on the first steps within a career of working with young people and/or teaching and learning.
During your 6 month placement with GFM you will join a school and/or specific subject department to develop your skills and knowledge toward the next steps in your career pathway.
A typical day will consist of being based in the school classroom and/or subject department throughout the day, completing some break duties and participating in activities after school and/or before school as determined. You will be encouraged to plan and deliver some learning when opportunities arise but with close support from your new colleagues.
Throughout your traineeship with GFM you will be supported and trained, leading to the production of a ‘Portfolio’ to assist in your progression toward your next employment opportunity. All our trainees have regular mentoring sessions and access to a wide variety of certifications and accreditations suitable for their aspirations.
Further expectations of successful candidates
- To act as a positive role model
- To participate in school initiatives where every person is expected to contribute to learners progress
- To participate in the GFM’s professional learning programme as agreed
- To contribute to the GFM’s procedures for a self-evaluation process
- To be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers
- To be keen to play a positive part in the life of the GFM Community, supporting its distinctive mission and ethos, and encouraging and ensuring staff, pupils and students adhere to school expectations
- Such other duties as may reasonably be allocated by the Headteacher or senior colleagues
Training to be provided
- Maths and English if required
- Hands on practical experience
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- A work experience placement
- Help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
- Opportunities to apply for further apprenticeship opportunities or possible direct employment with placement.
Weekly hours :25
Expected duration: 6 months
Positions : 5 available
- GCSE passes in English and Maths are desirable and associated subject areas with the area of application.
- Some experience of working with young people would be useful but is not essential.
- A successful DBS check conducted by GFM though our safer recruitment processes is essential.