BLM was voted the legal firm of the year in 2018 and is one of the top 40 UK Law Firms.
A Legal Admin Apprentice will undertake a variety of support activities in a friendly dynamic environment.
Due to continued expansion and exciting growth, my client is looking to recruit a Legal Admin Apprentice to join their Manchester based legal support team.
Essentially, they are looking for someone keen to embark on the first step of their career, with a passion to learn and thrive within a leading law firm.
Your job role will be to provide financial and administrative support to the finance department and the wider firm.
The successful candidate will gain experience within a busy legal support team whilst working towards a Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship.
• Diagnosis and distribution/resolution of incoming financial requests
• Accurately input and monitor key financial information, including addresses, references and rates
• Working to SLA’s and KPI measures
• Recommend improvements to current administrative processes
• Maintain excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
• General administrative duties as required to include printing and distribution of large volumes of bills in accordance with client requirements
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines – focus on the task in hand
• Good keyboard skills and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook are required
• Familiar with accounts procedures, client ledgers, disbursements and office accounts
• Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules
• Ability to explain financial concepts to a none financial audience
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday - Friday,
35hrs per week
£12,000 per annum
• Birthday day off
• Discounted mobile phone scheme
• Option to buy holidays
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.