BLM was voted the legal firm of the year in 2018 and is one of the top 40 UK Law Firms.
Due to continued expansion and exciting growth, my client is looking to recruit a Legal Support Apprentice to join their Manchester based legal support team.
Essentially, they are looking for someone keen to embark on the first step of their career with a passion to learn and thrive within a leading law firm.
As a legal support administrator, you will undertake a variety of support activities including; printing, copying, scanning, and emailing distributions of correspondence electronically.
The successful candidate will gain experience within a busy legal support team whilst working towards a Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship.
As a Legal Support Administrator, you will undertake a variety of support activities in a friendly dynamic environment.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
The role will involve:
• Printing volume documentation from case management systems.
• Supporting lawyers with enquires on Aderant (Accounts package).
• Liaising with handlers and CMI team to obtain relevant details as and when required.
• Support TSA with activities/tasks within the case management system i.e. updating of CRU, accurately entering data and keeping updated spreadsheets.
• Assist/mentor Apprentice Admin Clerks within BLM
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Knowledge of IT packages
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to use own initiative and to work unsupervised if required
• Willingness, reliability, attention to detail and accuracy are essential
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written – ability to answer telephone calls essential
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5pm,
35hrs per week.
£12,000 per annum.
Benefits of the role:
• Birthday day off
• Discounted mobile phone scheme
• Option to buy holidays
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.