Employer: Horwich Farrelly Solicitors
Wage: £0.00 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
As a Legal Support Apprentice you will be required to provide general administration support to this niche practice.
The basic purpose of the job and its primary objectives:
- Your course will be provided by BPP Law School in Business Administration. The course will run for 15 months and Apprentices will spend the majority of their time within the business with some offsite study time at BPP Law School.
- As a Legal Support Apprentice you will be required to provide general administration support to the business to a high standard and accuracy ensuring deadlines and targets are met.
The Legal Support Team is made up of a number of departments. As part of your Apprenticeship you will rotate across the various departments in order to give you a full insight and overview of the various administrative roles. You will be required to undertake specific tasks in each department which could include:
- Post Room/Document Management Team- Sorting and handling daily post
- Filing and scanning
- Call Handling Team- Gain confidence and develop fundamental communication skills by receiving inbound calls in our busy call centre.
- Learn about service standards and what is required to achieve these targets.
- File Inception/Technical Team
- Opening new files for all departments/offices of Horwich Farrelly.
- Liaising with clients, courts and third parties by telephone or email.
- Preparing nomination letters.
- Managing email and outlook
- Working within our case management system.
- Facilities Team
- Reception cover and front of house service.
- Greeting clients.
- Preparing and booking meeting rooms.
- Dealing with travel requests and bookings.
- Case Administration Team
- Preparing files for closure
- Archiving files
- Labelling scanned post items
- Preparing and sending invoices
Within each department you will receive full training and develop an in-depth knowledge to enable you to undertake all administrative duties as required. You will be flexible and be able to adapt to any given business need. You will be expected to:
- Use all office equipment efficiently & competently.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all firm and client documentation and information in compliance with DPA requirements.
Please note that the application process will involve an assessment and interview, with work placements commencing from August.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grade C/4 and above
- 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent, a relevant GNVQ or BTEC