Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard (wet) Apprenticeship - Sunderland Aquatic Centre and Wellness Centre - Sunderland
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Sport and Fitness
- Sunderland remove
Sunderland Aquatics Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
30 hours shift work inc. Evenings and weekends
Detailed Job Description:
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers. The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work between 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term 12 month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Candidates must have a passion for wanting to work within the sport and leisure industry and pursue their career within this sector.
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from April 1st 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.Sign-up or log in to apply