This course is suited for those who work, or want to work, in the service sector.
This distance learning qualification will provide you with an understanding of allergies, including the causes of allergies and what to do in case of an allergic reaction. It also covers the symptoms of allergic reactions and the treatments available for allergic reactions, including first aid for severe allergic reactions.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Allergens, allergies and intolerances
- Unit 2: Food labelling and packaging
- Unit 3: Allergy awareness for those working in the service sector (optional).
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those working, or wanting to work in, the service sector
- Those who want to learn more about allergies for personal reasons
- Those undertaking extra continuous professional development to boost their career.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online or paper-based assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.