Looking to study a course on mental health?
This course will improve your knowledge of mental health, as it covers a wide range of mental health issues.
You will learn more about issues such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, dementia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those aspiring to improve their awareness of mental health issues
- Those wanting to develop a career in the health and social care sector
- Those wanting to develop a career in health and well-being
Those undertaking extra CPD to boost their career progression
How will you study?
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.