Looking to gain the vital skills needed to clean in a range of environments?
This certified qualification will provide you with the skills needed to become an excellent cleaner across domestic, commercial and specialised settings.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum.
- Unit 1: Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Unit 2: Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 3: Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 4: Infection control, RIDDOR and COSHH in cleaning settings
- Unit 5: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management
- Unit 6: Cleaning of interiors and washrooms.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those aspiring to work in cleaning roles
- Those wishing to undertake extra CPD to boost their career progression.
How will you study?
You can study anytime, in any place.
Courses with The Skills Network fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
To complete this course, you will need to be observed by a witness demonstrating specific cleaning skills as part of Unit 6. You will either need to be in a workplace where a manager or supervisor could be your witness or if you are not currently in employment, you will need to have access to an appropriate witness who can observe you demonstrating cleaning skills.
To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.