Looking to develop counselling skills with a qualification that you can study in your own time?
During this course, you will cover key topics for an introduction to counselling, such as counselling skills theories, person-centred approaches, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and self-understanding in counselling.
This is a perfect course for those looking to pursue a career in counselling.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum.
- Unit 1: Using counselling skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those looking to develop a career in counselling
- Those looking for an introduction to counselling
- Those wanting to develop a career in health and well-being
- Those with little or no experience in counselling
- Those undertaking extra CPD to boost their career progression.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.
In Unit 1, the learner must either film themselves demonstrating particular counselling skills or have an appropriate witness available to provide a witness statement. The witness must hold a qualification in counselling skills and The Skills Network may contact the witness to validate their qualifications and experience.