Looking to study a free online qualification in health and fitness?
By completing this course, you will gain a detailed understanding of the key concepts of health and well-being, fitness, basic anatomy and physiology.
You’ll become knowledgeable on topics such as the role of nutrition in exercise, energy requirements, fluid replacements, how to measure personal fitness levels and how to create a personal programme of exercise and nutrition.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understand health, well-being and exercise
- Unit 2: Understand the role of nutrition in exercise
- Unit 3: Plan and prepare for personal exercise and nutrition.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is ideal for:
- Those wanting to pursue a career in health and fitness
- Those interested in health and fitness for personal reasons
- Those wishing to undertake extra qualifications to boost their career progression.
How you will study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This online qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.