Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Aspiring to work with children?
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare, which is ideal for kickstarting your career in the sector.
You’ll explore everything from young children’s development to the value of play, planning a healthy diet and the importance of safeguarding children.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks (paper-based study with online assessments).
- Unit 1: Young children’s development
- Unit 2: The value of play to young children
- Unit 3: Importance of play for early learning
- Unit 4: Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Unit 5: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those aspiring to a career in childcare or education
- Those wishing to undertake CPD in childcare and education
- Students with little or no experience.
How do you study?
Study anytime, in any place.
Courses with The Skills Network fit around your commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High-quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and be able to access a computer. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.