Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
Looking to improve your knowledge of safeguarding for professional or personal purposes?
This online qualification gives you a detailed understanding of the principles of safeguarding, the importance of the Prevent duty in society, and how to recognise and prevent radicalisation and extremism.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Principles of safeguarding
- Unit 2: The Prevent duty and its importance in society
- Unit 3: The importance of online safety
- Unit 4: The importance of British Values.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is ideal for those who:
- Currently work in a safeguarding or Prevent role
- Would like to work in a safeguarding or Prevent role
- Wish to increase their awareness and understanding of safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Wish to undertake additional CPD to boost their career.
How will you study?
You can study anytime, in any place.
Courses with The Skills Network fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This online qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Be aged 19 or over
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.