Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This course will give you a detailed understanding of autism, as well as how to provide person-centred support to individuals living with autism.
The course is suited to those who wish to study for personal or professional reasons.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum.
- Unit 1: Introduction to autism
- Unit 2: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5: Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 6: Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those working, or wanting to work, with individuals with autism
- Those developing, or wanting to develop, a career in childcare, education or health and social care
- Parents or others who wish to understand more about autism for personal reasons.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study either online or via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if you prefer to take assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if taking assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.