Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
Interested in improving your knowledge of children’s mental health?
This distance learning qualification is perfect for those developing a career in education or childcare.
You study at your own pace - gaining an understanding of mental health conditions, risk factors affecting well-being, the impact of mental health on young people, and guidance surrounding children’s mental health.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks (paper-based study with online assessments).
- Unit 1: Children and young people’s mental health in context
- Unit 2: Factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Unit 3: Children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 4: The impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 5: How to support children and young people with mental health concerns
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those aspiring to a career in childcare or education
- Those wishing to undertake CPD in childcare and education
- Those looking to improve their career prospects.
How do you study?
Study anytime, in any place.
Courses with The Skills Network fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High-quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and be able to access a computer. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.