Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
Looking to study a free professional online qualification in nutrition and health?
By completing this course, you will gain a detailed understanding of nutrition and health, studying topics such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management, eating disorders, and how to prepare food safely in a home environment.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Explore the principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2: Consider the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4: The principles of weight management
- Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment.
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is ideal for:
- Those wanting to pursue a career in health, nutrition or fitness
- Those interested in health and fitness for personal reasons
- Those wishing to undertake extra qualifications to boost their career.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study either online or via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online or paper-based assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.