Are you looking for a distance learning qualification to support or develop your career in social care?
With this distance learning course, you can study in your own time and gain an understanding of the key topics in adult social care.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Communication in adult social care settings
- Unit 2: Personal development in adult social care settings
- Unit 3: Diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Unit 4: Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 5: Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 6: The role of the social care worker
- Unit 7: Person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Unit 8: Health and safety in social care settings
- Unit 9: How to handle information in social care settings.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those looking to undertake a career in adult health and social care
- Those undertaking extra qualifications to boost their career.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.