Do you want to improve your understanding of dementia care?
Throughout this course, you’ll study the essentials of caring for people with dementia, including positive communication in dementia care, and the importance of individualised, person-centred care.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Dementia awareness
- Unit 2: Person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: The factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Unit 4: Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Unit 5: The administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Unit 6: Behaviour in the context of dementia
- Unit 7: The benefits of engaging in activities in social care.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those aspiring to work in the health and social care sector
- Those already working in the health and social care sector
- Those wanting to learn more about dementia care for personal reasons.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study either online or via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High-quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.