Do you want to improve your knowledge of working in end of life care?
This distance learning course is ideal for those working in health and social care, as well as for those wanting to study for personal reasons.
By studying this course, you will learn how to support an individual at the end of life, covering topics such as care planning, managing pain and discomfort, dementia, and loss and grief.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
- Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
- Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
- Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those developing or wishing to develop a career in health and social care
- Those wanting to learn more about end of life care for personal reasons.
How you will study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if you prefer to take assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if taking assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.