This online qualification is perfect for those looking to develop a career in mental health care, or health and social care.
You will gain a detailed understanding of mental health, learning about the different approaches to mental health care and management.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum.
- Unit 1: Mental health and mental health issues
- Unit 2: Principles of the mental health care worker
- Unit 3: Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Unit 4: Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Unit 5: Understanding change and support in relation to mental health.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those wanting to develop a career in health and social care
- Those wanting to develop a career in mental health care
- Those wanting to undertake qualifications to boost their career options.
How you will study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.