Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
This course is perfect for those starting or developing a career in healthcare.
By studying this qualification, learners will improve their understanding of infection control, including the causes of infections and how they can spread in healthcare settings.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: The causes and spread of infection in healthcare settings
- Unit 2: The importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in healthcare settings
- Unit 3: Decontamination, cleaning and waste management in healthcare settings
- Unit 4: Infection prevention and control in a healthcare setting.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those wanting to develop their career in healthcare
- Those wanting to know more about infection control
- Those wanting to study extra qualifications to boost their career.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online or via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if you prefer to take assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if taking assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.