Looking for a qualification to help you manage the care of diabetes?
By studying this distance learning course, you will improve your knowledge of the different types of diabetes and how to manage and treat the conditions.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understand diabetes
- Unit 2: Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 3: Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 4: Understand treatment and management of diabetes.
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study either online via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if taking assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those developing, or wanting to develop, a career in health and social care
- Parents or those wanting to learn more about diabetes for personal reasons.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if taking assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.