Are you developing your career in childcare or education?
This qualification equips you with an understanding of common childhood illnesses, including how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children.
You will learn how to recognise when a baby or child is unwell, and how to manage acute and chronic health conditions in early years settings.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks (paper-based study with online assessments).
- Unit 1: How to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
- Unit 2: Common childhood illnesses
- Unit 3: Health emergencies and specific health conditions in early year settings.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those aspiring to a career in childcare or education
- Those wishing to undertake CPD in childcare and education.
How do you study?
You study anytime, in any place.
Courses with The Skills Network fit around your commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
Qualification certification – NCFE
This qualification is certified by awarding organisation NCFE. This means that once you’ve achieved your course, you’ll receive a professional qualification certificate from NCFE.
NCFE have been providing qualifications for over 170 years.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and be able to access a computer. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.