Looking for a qualification to help you learn about with individuals with dyslexia or other learning difficulties?
This course will educate you on the diagnosis and effects of Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD) and the context around this, and ultimately help you to better support individuals with these learning difficulties.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD)
- Unit 2: Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD)
- Unit 3: Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD)
- Unit 4: Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD)
- Unit 5: Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD).
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those developing, or wishing to develop, a career in health and social care
- Those developing, or wishing to develop, a career in childcare or education
- Parents or others wishing to learn more about Specific Learning Difficulties for personal reasons.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if you choose to take assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’
Qualification certification – Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
This qualification is certified by awarding body TQUK. You will receive a recognised certificate from TQUK, which will greatly enhance your CV.
TQUK provides qualifications to over 100,000 students every year.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if completing assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.