Looking to complete a certified qualification to work in stewarding roles?
This course covers topics such as crowd management, spectator control, fire safety, health and safety and working effectively as a team.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
8-12 weeks maximum (online study).
- Unit 1: How stewards control the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events
- Unit 2: How stewards monitor crowds and respond to potential crowd problems at spectator events
- Unit 3: How stewards prepare for spectator events
- Unit 4: How to respond to injuries, illnesses and other emergencies in active leisure and learning
- Unit 5: Understand how effective teams work
- Unit 6: Health and safety in a work environment
- Unit 7: Fire safety principles
- Unit 8: Safeguarding children and vulnerable people at spectator events.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for those aspiring to work in stewarding and crowd control.
How will you study?
You study anytime, in any place.
Courses with The Skills Network fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
Qualification certification – NCFE
This qualification is certified by awarding organisation NCFE. This means that once you’ve achieved your course, you’ll receive a professional qualification certificate from NCFE.
NCFE have been providing qualifications for over 170 years.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.