During this intermediate apprenticeship you will be working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises renewing the maintenance of, for example, wood products and plumbing, bricklaying, resurfacing masonry structures such as renders, site carpentry and joining tasks.
This programme is designed to expand and develop your skills in Multicraft Construction Activities and prepare you to enter the industry in your chosen craft. It offers you the opportunity to build transferable skills to take forward into other qualifications within Multicraft Construction Activities.
You will work with your employer four days a week, to gain hands-on experience and to gather evidence for the NVQ 2 Diploma in Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations. This is a competence based qualification designed to meet the needs of your employer with multiple pathways within the qualification.
- Health & Safety
- Communications, estimating, information
- Building technology
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Developing customer relationships
- Carrying out masonry repairs
- Carrying out painting and decorating repairs
- Carrying out plastering repairs
- Carrying out plumbing repairs
- Carrying out wood repairs
- Carrying out tiling repairs.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
There are no academic requirements for this programme, however, you will need to be employed in an appropriate.
You could progress to specialise in a specific trade such as painting and decorating, carpentry and joinery, or bricklaying.