This intermediate course will prepare you for further study or a career in the industry.
This course combines study with practical learning on-the-job. You will attend college on a day-release basis while employed and working as an apprentice bricklayer.
You will gain evidence from your place of work, which will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship.
Trowel skills to an advanced level
Introduction to supervisory/management skills
Preparation for progression to BTEC level
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Trowel Occupations - this is achieved through a portfolio of evidence gained from carrying out your day to day activities in the workplace. You will be supported by a College Assessor who will help you gather this evidence and work with you to produce the portfolio.
- Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying Technical Certificate - this is the qualification you will complete by attending College on a day release basis. The content will provide you with the practical training and theory you need to carry out your job at work.
- Functional Skills - you may need to complete a functional skill qualification in Application of Maths and English. However, depending upon your GCSE Grades this may not be necessary.
- Employee rights and responsibilities.
- Personal learning and thinking skills.
You will work for a minimum of 30 hours per week, plus take part in training for approximately 1 day. The exact working and training hours will be dependent upon the needs of the employer.
There are no academic requirements for this programme but you do need to be working to take the qualification. You also need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. Students should also have achieved the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Accounting qualification.