Working as a motor vehicle apprentice will ensure you develop an in-depth technical and diagnostic knowledge and understanding of motor vehicle repair.
You will work closely with your employer to ensure you are able to make a positive contribution to their business, and provide excellent customer service.
You will work towards achieving the following aims:
- To have an in-depth technical and diagnostic competence of motor vehicle repair - in response to the increasing complexity of vehicle technologies
- To develop sophisticated and professional customer service skills
- To clearly possess the motivation and ability to contribute to the commercial success of their employer’s company.
You will cover the following units:
- Soft Skills and Behaviours
- Electrical Systems
- Lighting and Auxiliary Systems
- Wheels and Tyres Construction
- Disc Brakes Constructions
- Engine Types and Configurations
- Exhaust Systems
- Engine Cooling Systems
- Transmission Drivelines
- Suspension Layout and Components
- Diagnostic Skills.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
You will hold a minimum of grade C (or equivalent) in GCSE maths and English.