Are you wanting to learn more about end of life care?
The end of a person’s life is a very sensitive and difficult time for everyone involved. By studying this qualification, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge you’ll need to provide effective end of life care.
This course is suitable for those wishing to develop a career in health and social care, or for those wanting to study for personal reasons.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
Please note, this course is only fully funded for those living in Scotland.
20 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understanding end of life care
- Unit 2: Communication during end of life care
- Unit 3: Assessment and care planning in end of life care
- Unit 4: Person-centred approaches to end of life care
- Unit 5: Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those wishing to develop their career in health and social care
- Those wanting to learn more about end of life care for personal care purposes.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if taking assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making paper or online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if taking assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop.