Are you looking for a course that will help you provide better support to individuals with autism?
This course is perfect for those working with, or wanting to work with, individuals with autism, or for those wanting to support a family member, friend or colleague with autism.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
Please note, this course is only fully funded for those living in Scotland.
16-20 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Autism in context
- Unit 2: Positive behavioural support for individuals with autism
- Unit 3: Understand support and management of transitions for individuals with autism
- Unit 4: Therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
- Unit 5: Communication and social interaction with individuals with autism
- Unit 6: Safeguarding and resilience in autism.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those developing, or wanting to develop, a career in health and social care
- Those developing, or wanting to develop, a career in childcare or education
- Those wanting to learn more about autism for personal reasons.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop.