Are you looking to develop your knowledge of mental health?
By studying this qualification, you will learn about different mental health conditions and their associated issues, as well as topics like the factors that influence mental health and how to apply a person-centred approach towards mental health.
You can then apply your learning to help you progress in your desired career path.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
Please note, this course is only fully funded for those living in Scotland.
20 weeks (maximum).
- Unit 1: Understanding the context of mental health and well-being
- Unit 2: Promotion of mental health and well-being
- Unit 3: Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
- Unit 4: Understanding mental ill health
- Unit 5: Working in mental health.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those wanting to study a mental health qualification to progress their career
- Those wanting to learn more about mental health for personal reasons.
How will you study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study online, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments.
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop. To be eligible to receive funding to study this course, you must:
- Have been living in the European Union (EU) for the last three years
- Not be currently studying a course with The Skills Network.