This certified course gives you an in-depth understanding of dementia care.
By studying this course, you will learn about the different types of dementia, as well as topics such as communication, positive interaction and the administration of medication for those with dementia.
This course is suited to both those wishing to develop their career in health and social care, or for those wishing to study for personal reasons.
You can study now, at no cost - this is a fully funded, certified distance learning qualification!
Please note, this course is only fully funded for those living in Scotland.
16-20 weeks maximum (distance learning).
- Unit 1: Understanding dementia
- Unit 2: Understand how person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support
- Unit 4: Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care
- Unit 5: Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- Unit 6: Understand how to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- Unit 7: Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is highly suitable for:
- Those wanting to develop their career in health and social care
- Those wanting to learn more about dementia care for personal reasons.
How you will study?
With The Skills Network, you can study anytime, in any place. The courses fit around your own commitments, allowing you to study in the comfort of your own home.
You’ll study either online or via paper workbooks, accessing:
- Case studies
- Summary activities
- Online assessments (if taking assessments online).
You also won’t have to sit any exams – making online or paper submissions only!
What support is available?
- Unlimited access to an expert online Tutor throughout the course
- Career and development advice from a Learner Support Advisor (LSA)
- High quality study materials, including an online personalised study planner, on The Skills Network’s award-winning online platform ‘EQUAL’.
There are no stringent requirements for this course.
However, if taking assessments online you should have basic IT knowledge and access to a computer/laptop.