Level 3 Fashion Design
- College Courses
- Level 3
- College Higher Education
- Alternative Courses/Degrees
- 95% of graduates go into job role or continue studying
- Supported by over 140 High Street Retailers
This exciting two year course (delivered over two days per week) will give you the opportunity to explore many elements of garment design for the fashion industry. It will cover areas such as clothing construction, use of textiles and leading technological developments such as digital print for fabrics.
During your second year you will be challenged to explore you own creative instincts through a final major design project set by Industry leaders such as Topman, Drapers and The Textile forum. Including both theory and practical elements, this course will arm you with relevant current practices in the Industry to enable your progression into fashion retail employment.
Your day may include working on flat patterns for a white shirt industry challenge, then moving to the digital design studio to create a range of motifs to decorate your shirt before spending the afternoon working on construction of button detail and pocket design.
Start Date: September 2019
Awarding Body: University of the Arts (London)
Duration: Two years (delivered over two days per week)
Equivalent to: 3 A Levels; max 420 UCAS points
• be at least 16 by 1st September in the year of entry
• 4 A*-C Grade GCSE's (including English Language and Maths)
• BTEC 1st Diploma
• intermediate GNVQ in an appropriate vocational area
• or equivalent qualifications
• show motivation to succeed on the course.
• demonstrate an aptitude and enthusiasm for all areas of fashion retail
What next after Level 3 Extended Fashion Design
This course leads to Industry roles in Design and Production, or progression to a Level 4 course such as Garment Technology, Buying and Merchandising or Visual Display.
Fees: Free if under 19 on 31st August the year your course startsSign-up or log in to apply