Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
We are an award-winning Cloud and IT managed services provider, based in the West Midlands. We are an integrated provider of cloud IT services to the UK legal and accounting sectors. We deliver everything a modern firm needs to run smoothly and securely.
The role is to assist the customer to find the solution to any problem or question that they ask of the department. When a customer is having a bad day, it is our job to make that day better and to leave the customer thinking that we really made a difference.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Receive and log all calls and emails from all customers and record all pertinent information
- Provide initial assessment of categorisation and prioritisation for all incidents
- Ensure incidents are assigned and escalated where necessary to the relevant teams
- Provide regular communication to customers concerning the status of incidents
- Maintain ownership of incidents ensuring status updates and resolution according to KPI's
- Proactively manage all individual and team assigned incidents and new requests
- Maintaining telephones and troubleshooting basic telephony (Swyx) issues
- Working with supplier support contacts to resolve complex technical issues
- Troubleshooting operating System, Hardware & Application issues on any desktop device
- Resolving technical issues, updating Status/Workaround/Resolution within our Service Desk system
- Creating and maintaining user accounts throughout various IT systems including AD user accounts
- Managing shared drives, user access and permissions
- Communicating with customers about the status of incidents and requests and updating our ITSM Support Tool in a timely manner with accurate information
- Workload balancing (during time of high-volume support)
- Problem solving with Suppliers and Customer
- Achieving Weekly Department KPIs
- Maintaining and growing technical knowledge related to the role
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- PC technology experience, including Windows OS and MS Office (W7 or newer)·Experience of Mobile ·Devices and Technologies
- Excellent Team Player
- Customer focused
- Positive attitude
- Prioritisation of workload / Time Management
- Excellent Customer Facing and Collaborative Skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills balanced with effective communication skills with all levels of technical and managerial staff
Working week: 40 hours a week
Salary: £9,048 Per Annum.
3 GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade C or above and 2 GCSEs for English and Maths at grade D or above
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.