This is Employee Zero, where every employee has a voice and a say in the development and direction of the company.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual for a L3 Infrastructure Apprenticeship (First Line IT Support Engineer Apprentice) to join our busy tech Support team.
Based from within the Leicester located offices, this role will include travel to other sites so holding a driving licence and having some relevant experience will be highly desirable.
The ideal apprentice will be eager to take learn and develop their understanding of technology to the next level.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Working independently and as part of a team, using a range of tools and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during all tasks.
- IT Security: Demonstrates the necessary skills, understanding and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance, legislation.
- Remote Infrastructure: Effectively operates a range of mobile devices and securely add them to a network in accordance with organisations policies and procedures
- Data: effectively records, analyses and communicates data at the appropriate level using standard tools and processes and to all stakeholders.
- Problem solving: applying structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies and troubleshooting and analyses problems by selecting the digital appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and to obtain the relevant logistical support as required.
- Excellent communication skills are paramount.
- Experience of supporting desktop and mobile devices desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other common applications
- Current cloud services, including Office 365 migration and administration.
- Have a good understanding of networking, cloud services and popular operating systems
- A full and clean UK driving license and access to a vehicle essential as travel is required.
- Although this is a technical role, the apprenticeship will require someone with the ability to deliver first-class customer service to an established SME customer base.
- Enthusiasm to seek best solutions for end users at all times.
- Having a real passion for IT.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to investigate and resolve issues.
- Being a team player with real ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas.
- 3x GCSE's or equivalent at Grade A-C in any subject
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent at Grade D or above.
Success and hard work is recognised, rewarded and genuinely appreciated.
Genuine career progression is possible, dependent upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The employers culture is supportive (have engaged apprentices and other learners in the past) and offers a wide range of benefits including Starbucks Coffee in the Office & when on Business - Private Health Care - Perks System including discounts, offers - Company Pension - Subject to successful completion of Probation Review.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.