Phoebus Software Ltd is a market leading provider of flexible financial systems to mortgage providers and retail banks.
At Phoebus Software Limited (PSL), our people are the reason we can deliver market leading software to our clients. At Phoebus Software, our company purpose is ‘To care about People, Products, Clients and having fun’.
We are looking for a System Support Analyst Apprentice to join our team in Solihull.
This is a good opportunity for someone to learn and be involved in the Service Delivery Life Cycle.
The apprentice should have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, energetic, and can learn rapidly on the job and be able to share knowledge and ideas throughout the team.
Job role - Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Level 3 (System Support Analyst)
Main role and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive and exciting induction into our business.
Within a structured environment, the successful candidate will assist in the support and release of business software in line with the company’s strategy of providing a high quality and continuously improving service to our existing clients. The person appointed will be required to analyse requirements, design, and create basic code and test programs to agreed standards, provide specifications and general assistance within all departments.
The apprentice will be working on a variety of system and business-related problems, changes and maintenance, working in a close-knit team.
- Gathering data to identify and fix a variety of system/business related problems.
- Producing documentation according to business requirements and storing information in accordance with company policy and standards.
- Ensuring testing is carried out to make sure that hardware and software changes are useable by clients.
- Analysing data regularly to establish trends and root causes.
- Quickly gain a clear understanding of technical challenges to systems
- Identify the areas impacted by systems change.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Be able to use a range of analytical, planning and estimating techniques and tools.
- Be able to perform Account reworks
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support to clients both internally and externally
- Good communication and service skills are essential to the role
- Excellent team working skills
- Demonstrates a willingness to take ownership and see things through to resolution.
- The ability to understand and draw conclusions from data and client feedback
- Making decisions and using judgement.
- Tenacity – the resolve to overcome obstacles.
- Initiative – to identify ways of improving service provided to clients, and reduce the demands on the Support Team
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Gathering Information
- Team Working
- Generic programming skills and structured programming skills.
- Experience of the full project lifecycle.
- Experience of Project methodologies (RAD, Prince, AGILE etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Personal flexibility to meet business goals
- Experience of ITIL would be of benefit.
- Completed Secondary education
- 5 GCSE’s, including: GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
37.5 hrs per week.
- 20 Days holiday. Will go up to 25 after being with the company for 3 years.
- 20 days sick leave.
- Pension/Health insurance and subsidised gym membership.
- Sociable company with loads of charity social events.
- Rounder’s in the summer with picnic
- Great Christmas party’s.
- Games room with pool table/arcade games/darts.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.