Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest predominantly Mental Health & Learning Disabilities healthcare Trusts in the country – serving a population of 1.4 million, with a budget of circa £380 million and 7,000 staff.
We have been rated outstanding by the CQC. We provide a diverse range of specialist and generic health care services to both children and adults, their families and carers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen: Undertake an Apprenticeship as an Infrastructure Technician (Level 3) within the Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust.
This course provides excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and real-life business experience - this includes ongoing support from our team.
- Answer incoming phone calls from colleagues that need IT assistance (from day one)
- Respond to queries raised by email
- Log details of callers and their IT issues, in an IT-based system
- Attempt to fix straightforward issues and solve IT problems
- Liaise with wider team to resolve more complex issues
- Track the progress of jobs, maintaining contact with the colleague that logged it
- As experience grows, work with Technical Support team and wider department, visiting colleagues in the field
- Use IT ordering systems to order IT hardware; track orders to completion
- Build and prepare hardware when it is delivered, making it ready for our colleagues
- Work with Project Managers on the rollout of new systems and IT services
- On-the-job training (80%)
- (Time spent within the workplace to develop skills) and off-the-job training (20%)
- (Working with a trainer to gain a technical qualification and gaining Functional Skills (if required).
- All of the training will be carried out on site or online and won't require any travelling outside of the Trust
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organisation skills,
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Skills in Administration
- Team working
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) at grade 3 and above
- You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or a higher level than this apprenticeship
Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust have developed career pathways in a range of areas, all of which either start with an Apprenticeship or include Apprenticeship training as part of professional development.
For those that are recruited into the organisation as an Apprentice, we have developed a recruitment and mentoring model that saw 83% of all apprentices in 2018 gain full time employment within our organisation before the end of their Apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.