The successful candidate will operate as a ‘project manager’ with a focus on delivery and day to day client management. The role is primarily client and market facing with two main areas:
- Supporting our multinational clients in the delivery of consulting services to the headquarters; and
- Global coordination of local consulting and brokering services, in the area of medical and other insured benefit programs, or retirement arrangements, for their employees around the world.
Key tasks associated with this role will be:
Coordinating services to headquarters
Working with senior consultants to:
- Act as the day-to-day client contact to provide updates on local country activities and proactively identify and escalate issues.
- Provide proactive advice around the opportunities to optimize the way benefits are managed globally (effective use of local resources, brokers, consultants, third party providers).
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, market practice or otherwise, to identify issues that clients should be addressing.
- Support the use of Willis Towers Watson technology to help clients to maximize the value from the information collected.
- Identify opportunities for integrating our services with other consulting services offered by Willis Towers Watson and working with Senior Consultants to support the realisation of those opportunities.
Coordinating local consulting and local broking services to:
- Work with our offshore support centres to ensure updates to the status trackers and population of data in the appropriate benefits inventory tool or databases.
- Effectively manage projects using established project management tracker and technology to deliver a successful project across all countries.
- With support from our offshore support centres, engage in dialogue with in-country consultants/brokers as needed, to ensure local issues are resolved.
- Participate in regular (as necessary) calls both internally and with the client to communicate progress and resolve outstanding matters.
- Review local reports and other communications to ensure consistency of style and message, as appropriate.
- Deal with issues that arise, and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure that wider client team is kept appraised of issues and brought in to conversations as necessary.
- Develop regional financial and stewardship reports, as required.
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 15 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the Project Management qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
There will be opportunities for further training for any of the following qualifications:
- 6th Sigma
- Prince 2
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
Sponsored by the GSS leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of Willis Towers Watson’s culture of learning, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from apprentices through to senior leaders.
Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including subjects such as English and Maths
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about project management and services
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deal professionally with internal and external contacts, building strong working relationships
- Ability to work within a team to high standards and tight timescales
- Ability to analyse situations, provide recommendations and be flexible in approach in order to resolve problems
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-discipline, determination and an appreciation of the demands of studying while working
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn
- Be a team player