Level 4 Commercial Apprenticeship
Not taking applications
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Customer Service
- Buying and Merchandising
Our product department supports Tesco in revolutionising the shopping experience for our customers.
They are at the forefront of our customer offer working with over 8,000 suppliers. Innovation and creativity are important to us and the product team uses customer insight and feedback to help bring new and exciting products to market. Recently they have developed packaging to reduce food waste and have launched our new homeware range, Fox and Ivy.
Our commercial apprenticeship programme runs in both the general merchandise and food areas of the business. Each of these streams offer a different experience: in General Merchandise you'll either be a Buyer or a Merchandiser, in Food you'll be either a Buyer or a Customer expert. Whichever department you find yourself in you'll have time to study, and the support from a buddy and a mentor. You'll also have leadership training which is unique to Tesco, giving you the perfect start to your career.
- A Buyer works closely with our suppliers to ensure that we’re sourcing the right products for customers. A role in customer helps the team to understand the trends to provide customers with what they want. A Merchandiser delves into the detail of data, helping us to ensure we have the right amount of stock at the right time.
- Our apprentices work closely with Product Development to help Tesco create innovative products in line with customer trends.
The Ideal Candidate
- 240 UCAS Points (excluding General Studies)
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C and above
- To eat, sleep and breathe fashion
- An eye for numbers and a head for interpreting data
- To manage a fast-paced workload
- Good computer skills, including Word and Excel
- The commitment to complete your studies while working
- To work with others and achieve success together
- To put people and our customers at the heart of what you do
- To be agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- To stick to your values and do the right thing, even when it’s tough
- A positive attitude, and a way of inspiring confidence in others
- To be connected to the latest thinking, inside and outside of the business
- The hunger to drive your own career and become one of our leaders.