This apprenticeship programme will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a successful career within the housing industry.
You will gain valuable experience working with an employer.
This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career within the housing industry.
- Personal and Professional Development - develop reflective writing skills to evaluate your current housing practice, knowledge and skills; customer service, communication, supervisory skills and knowledge.
- Work Related Learning (Housing Research) - develop housing related research and project management knowledge, techniques and skills; production of a research proposal.
- Housing, Society and Policy - develop knowledge and understanding of historical and current context in which housing operates including social, demographic, market and policy changes.
- Collaborative Working to Meet Diverse Need - the principles, relevant legislation and best practice of collaborative working including a number of scenarios for safeguarding.
- Legal Framework for Housing - be introduced to the legal system and institutions and the formal and informal methods of dispute resolution; develop knowledge and understanding of liability and contract law.
- Housing and Neighbourhood Services - develop knowledge and understanding of a range of housing management policies, practice and legal responsibilities for the generic housing management functions. There is a strong focus on social exclusion and ASB.
- Personal and Professional Development - build on the evaluation of your skills and knowledge from Level 4.
- Work Related Learning - conduct research and complete your work related research project.
- Economic and Regulatory Framework for Housing - the macro-economic framework as well as capital and revenue expenditure.
- Managing Staff in Housing Organisations - the key principles of effective people management.
- Housing Policy, Strategy and Business - discover the role of effective governance, business planning and performance; policy and strategy; social enterprise.
- Planning and Developing Healthy and Sustainable Communities - planning and regeneration; sustainability; housing and health.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.