Level 4 Software Tester Higher Apprenticeship (Newbury)
Not taking applications
- Electronic Engineering
- Software Developer
Your potential. Your future. Make the connection with Vodafone.
Think you know Vodafone? Think again!
There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in technology! As a global technology leader, our products and services transform lives and businesses around the world every day. Whether it’s helping develop the smart cities of the future, transforming healthcare or enabling the development of entire economies in the developing world, we are helping to build the digital infrastructure of the future!
We are looking for innovation leaders, those who embrace technologies, are curious, excited by the pace of change and can apply their creativity, energy and determination to help us in enabling people and business to succeed in the digital world.
Our Software Tester Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship combines online learning, classroom training and on-the-job experience to develop advanced skills in software testing.
This apprenticeship a good fit for you if you’re already in a software testing role looking to take a step up or if you have entry-level experience in software testing.
The programme is a great opportunity to enhance your digital skills, ensuring you have the technical grounding needed to become a skilled software tester.
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain the following qualifications:
• MTA Software Development Fundamentals Certification
• ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation
• BCS Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
If you love finding and fixing bugs in software, you could be well suited to a career in software testing.
As an apprentice software tester, you are involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You'll conduct manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for its purpose. Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues (bugs).
Your role is crucial to the creation of software systems and technical products.
Ultimately, software testers are employed to find bugs and issues within a product before it is deployed to users. You will need to become familiar with programming and different coding languages. Assessing code can be one part of the role of an experienced software tester.
The Software Tester will test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. A tester will typically be working as part of a larger team; in which they will have responsibility for different elements of an overall project.
What you will need
• Have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 or above (including Maths and English Language)
• Have completed your Level 3 studies (A-levels, BTEC Level 3 or Level 3 Apprenticeship) by September 2019
• Ideally a Level 3 qualification in an IT-related subject
• Be eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by September 2019
• Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to September 2019
- Retail discounts ranging from high street retailers to discounted theme park tickets and holidays
- Vodafone will double your contribution to your pension, with a maximum contribution at 5% (doubled to 10%)
- The opportunity to buy shares at a discount
- A supportive work environment which allows for training in your work time
- 28 days holiday