Nursery Nurse Apprentice with CHRISTCHURCH MONTESSORI LIMITED
Not taking applications
The successful candidate for this position will be trained to work as a member of the pre-school team to ensure that all children attendance will receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences.
The duties will be to:
- Observe, support and extend children's learning
- Plan appropriate daily activities for children
- Maintain accurate and effective records
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Work to continuously improve quality of childcare and education
- Follow Child Protection Procedures
- Meet the nutritional needs of the children and ensure Food Safety Regulations are complied with
- Ensure the nursery is clean and tidy
Monday - Friday. Between 8am-6pm (35 hrs/week)
Training to be Provided
- NVQ level 2 in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 in Functional Skills maths, English and ICT
- Good communication skills,
- creative thinking,
- confident with children and calm and organised.
GCSE grade C plus in Maths and English or equivalent
- We are looking for an outgoing,
- friendly and caring individual whom is capable of working as part of a team.
- You will be required to follow strict health & safety guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship it may give you the opportunity to continue a career in childcare. Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare with the chance to continue to a level 3 qualification after that.
In the event that the candidate would like to progress onto an Advanced Level Children and Young People Apprenticeship they must have grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths as these are the entry requirements as of 1st August 2015.