Level 5 Diploma Human Resource Management (CIPD)
This programme is ideal for staff who are currently working in HR or have completed the Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice. The course follows the Level 3 Certificate and will allow you to further develop your knowledge and practical application in key areas of HR and the wider business context.
The Diploma is an intermediate-level qualification (equivalent to NVQ/SVQ Level 5) and is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria - completion of the course leads to CIPD membership.
This course runs on an evening and has various start dates across the academic year. For more information, please contact us at New College Durham on email@example.com
You will develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by Human Resource Professionals and will assess your own strengths and areas for development.
This course is also available as an apprenticeship programme. Please visit our website or search for 'Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship Human Resource Management (CIPD)' for more details, or contact our Apprenticeship Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Developing Professional Practice: Develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by Human Resource Professionals. Assessing your own strengths and areas for development.
- Business Issues in the Context of HR: Investigating key developments in the business and external contexts within which HR operates. Examining HR role in strategy formulation and implementation.
- Employment Law: An overview of employment laws to develop an understanding of the role of HR and the importance of taking account of legal requirements when carrying out their role.
- Using Information in HR: Develop skills of research and enquiry in order to enable learners to identify appropriate data sources to support an investigation into an area of HR practice and present this through a formal business report.
- Resourcing and Talent Planning: Understand key contemporary labour market trends and their significance for workforce planning. Develop understanding of talent planning and recruitment activities.
- Managing and Coordinating the HR Function: Understand the purpose and key objective of the HR function in contemporary organisations. Understand how HR objectives are delivered in different organisations and how the HR function can be evaluated.
- Employee Engagement: Understand the concept and components of employee engagement and its importance to both employers and employees. Know how to implement HR strategies and practices to raise levels of employee engagement.
- Developing and Using Consultancy Skills: Develop an understanding of the meaning of consultancy and the comment stages in the consulting process. Know how to work with a client to agree a learning and development solution and provide support whilst implementing this.
All modules are subject to change by the curriculum team.
Day and time of study will be confirmed before the start of your course.
You will hold a Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice or will be working in a relevant HR role.