Level 6 Food Science and Technology Apprenticeship
Not taking applications
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Food and Drink Manufacturing
Working in the technical team is exciting and fast paced. Their core purpose is to deliver great food, sourced with care, every day.
Our Technical Apprenticeship Programme runs in the food area of the business and involves working with Chilled, Frozen or Ambient products. Working in each of these areas means working with suppliers of differing sizes and capabilities.
Whichever food area you find yourself in you’ll have plenty of time to study and will have great support from a buddy and a mentor. You’ll also have leadership training which is unique to Tesco, giving you the perfect start to your successful and exciting career.
The great thing about apprenticeships is the ability to learn as you earn. Over the 4 years of your programme, you’ll split your time between the office, suppliers and working towards your Level 6 apprenticeship. This allows you to continually develop and put everything you have learnt into practice.
Here in the Technical team it is important for customers to grow trust in our brand and feel confident in every Tesco product they choose. We want colleagues to feel proud about the products they sell and ensure our suppliers are supported to build secure futures.
A technologist works closely with our suppliers to make sure we are delivering quality products that are safe and legal for our customers. You will be responsible for product safety, quality and legality in your own product area.
The Ideal Candidate
- 240 UCAS Points (excluding General Studies)
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C/4 or above
- To work with others and achieve success together
- To put people and our customers at the heart of what you do
- To be agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- To stick to your values and do the right thing, even when it’s tough
- A positive attitude, and a way of inspiring confidence in others
- To be connected to the latest thinking, inside and outside of the business
- The hunger to drive your own career and become one of our leaders.
- Be an innovator, spotting opportunities to improve our business
- Show great resilience, staying positive and inspiring confidence in others.