Not taking applications
2x Apprentice Nursery Assistant Vacancies required Working 30hrs p/w (Monday - Friday working split shifts ie 7:30am till 9:15am then till 3pm till 6pm or 7:30am till 6pm) on a wage of £2.73 p/h.
Will be based at Weston Stepping stones and will be part of a fantastic team looking after 0-5yrs.
Duties include working alongside other qualified staff and will be changing nappies, feeding, playing and interacting with the children.
Wants the ideal candidate to be calm, organised and confident with children and to be helpful and observant at all times.
The candidate will support Joanne and she will be their support and manager.
No previous qualifications are required but knowledge of job duties is a plus, must ensure that the nursery is safe and hazard free at all time.
Work together with parents, carers, and staff and outside organisations to encourages development through learning.
Possible progression and permanent position for the right candidate.
Tunic and Undertop is provided. Please wear flat black shoes and black trousers.
Some of your duties might be to:
- Observe, support and extend children's learning
- Plan appropriate daily activities for children
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Work to continuously improve quality of childcare and education
- Maintain accurate and effective records
- Follow child protection procedures
- Meet the nutritional needs of the children and ensure food safety regulations are complied with
- Ensure the nursery is clean and tidy
30hrs p/w shifts between 7am-6pm (Monday-Friday)
Training to be Provided
- Childcare Level 2 - 12 MONTHS
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Work based learning
- You'll need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
- It's helpful if you're confident with children, calm and organised.
GCSE grade C or above in maths and English or equivalent.
- You'll be an to be calm individual who's is organised and confident with children and will be helpful and observant at all times.
- You'll be required to follow strict health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children.
- When you've successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare!
- Initially you'll be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.