Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management (CIPD)
This post-graduate level qualification is designed to enable you to develop and implement creative strategic HR solutions in your workplace.
You will further develop your leadership skills to ensure you are capable of engaging members of staff. You will learn good practice strategies for ethical staff recruitment, selection and dismissal. The final project will involve investigating a HR problem within your own organisation, and developing recommendations and solutions based on primary and secondary research.
This programme is a widely recognised professional qualification and aims to provides a route to CIPD Chartered Member status.
At the end of the programme, you will be given the opportunity to top up your Level 7 Certificate to a full Masters in HRM at New College Durham. This is achieved by adding to your management project.
- Human Resource Management in Context - This unit will focus on contemporary organisations and how HR shapes HR strategies. It will look at globalisation and international factors.
- Employee Engagement - This unit will focus on characteristics of effective leadership, flexible working and integrated HRM/HRD and how you can really get your staff engaged.
- Employment Law - This will focus on the key principles that underpin UK law and upcoming developments. You will provide advice through case study approach.
- Leadership and Management Development - This unit will focus on the concepts of leadership and management and how HR works ethically in a global context and works with staff to encourage CPD.
- Resourcing and Talent Management - This unit focuses on retaining staff, recruitment, selection and dismissal within a global context and enables you to review good practice strategies.
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership - This unit develops your skills as a HR Professional. This unit is delivered throughout the whole 15 months of the programme and through workshops to demonstrate the skills you have developed.
- Investigating a Business Issue from a Human Resources Perspective - This unit allows you to investigate a HR problem within your own organisation and develop some recommendations and solutions based on primary and secondary research. This unit runs through the summer until December where you have the opportunity for one-to-one tutorials
- Leading, Managing and Developing People.
Modules are subject to change by the course team.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Ideally, you will have completed the CIPD Level 5 programme, or be a graduate, and have relevant HR experience.