Lifeguarding Apprentice - (SLM) Watford Woodside
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Sport and Fitness
Are you looking to kick start your career in the leisure industry? Watford Woodside is part of the longest established leisure contractor, SLM Ltd in the UK and are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations NVQ Level 2.
30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Detailed Job Description:
Watford Woodside are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations NVQ Level 2 as part of a 12-15 month apprenticeship.
What will the role involve?
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work as part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term 12-15 month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Pay and benefits
£3.30 per hour apprenticeship wage paid from the start of your apprenticeship (including your training period).
Free use of gym and swimming pool, paid holidays and on-going training opportunities.
What will your training involve?
• Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing Operational Services
• Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
• Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
• Customer service/ Sales/Marketing within the Leisure Environment
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)*Certificate in Swimming Pool Supervision and Rescue
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Candidates must have a passion for wanting to work within the sport and leisure industry and pursue their career within this sector. Candidates must be strong swimmers.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close earlyApplication closed