Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair Engineering Apprentice - Bridgend /Salary £196.27 per week
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Customer Service
Brief overview of the role
Linde Material Handling are now recruiting 23 engineering apprentices across the UK.We are currently looking for 2 apprentices who will be workshop based ,located within our Linde Severnside operation at Bridgend We are happy to consider anyone who can commute daily to our Bridgend depot.This is a four-year programme whereby you will receive on and off the job training to gain a Level 2 & Level 3 Apprenticeship in Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair. This is an internationally accredited qualification.During your apprenticeship you will be working alongside a mentor who will on hand to support and encourage your development.
We are looking for the new generation of engineers to start their career with us and help us maintain and repair our extensive range of lift trucks and materials handling equipment. If
a start your career with Linde Material Handling. You’ll need to have a passion for all things engineering, be keen to learn and you’ll be motivated to achieve success. In return you will be provided with a work laptop, corporate workwear, personal protective equipment (PPE) and your own toolbox and tools. As an apprentice you will have an Apprentice Development Officer to support your overall development and a mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship programme on a day to day basis.
Our established Apprenticeship programme has been running successfully for many years We have produced some of the best engineers in our industry.
Your main objective is to become a fully competent Engineer. To achieve this you will need to complete all your learning, studies and workshop practice. There are a number of learning milestones that you must attain in addition to adhering to our company standards. A quarterly review with your ADO and mentor will encourage two-way feedback and discussion to support you on your journey and enable your success.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To attend all training courses
- To observe and comply with all policies and procedures, including health and safety at work
- Deliver high levels of customer service for our customer.
- To meet the personal and professional standards of the company and conduct yourself in accordance with the Linde apprentice programme behavioural guidelines.
- Complete tasks in the workshop and take responsibility for being involved in its day to day running alongside the workplace mentors, to complete your Vocational Competency Qualification (VCQ)
- Pass all online and written assignments,
- Work closely with the F-TEC assessor and F-TEC team to achieve your qualifications.
- Work at become competent at carrying out regular servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs on all trucks, to a high standard of finish.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required
- Regularly demonstrate company values of Integrity, Courage, Excellence and collaboration
The 4 year programme includes on and ‘off the job’ learning to achieve a nationally accredited qualification in Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair awarded through the Institute of Motor Industry (IMI Awards). The ‘off the job’ training will take place at F-TEC Training Academy in Swindon, for 5 weeks throughout the year. Your accommodation and food will be met by the company. During year 1 & 2 you will be working toward a level 2 Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair . Next you will graduate to level 3 for 12 months .Finally, in the 4th year you get the chance to show what you can do on your own before you become a fully-fledged Linde engineer.
What are we looking for?
You will need to be interested in all things mechanical and achieve a minimum of grade 4 or C (England and Wales) or level 4 (Scotland) in Maths and English. Experience is advantageous however not essential. It is important that candidates who apply are motivated, interested, hardworking and reliable.
How to apply
Register your interest by completing the online application. Suitable applicants will be shortlisted and invited to an assessment day at an appropriate location to gain an insight into the business and for us to get an idea about you as individuals. Successful candidates will then be invited to the last stage of the assessment process which will be a formal interview. Successful applicants will be offered the apprenticeship in May – June 2018 to start from July/August 2018
- This role requires you to have a keen interest in engineering an ability to learn new skills and work well independently and as a team.
- You will be required to be honest, hard-working and reliable.
- Applicants must have Maths and English GCSE'S Grade 9-5 or ( A – C ) or equivalent.